Re: Precautionary measure COVID-19
The rate and speed in which the coronavirus is spreading across the world is quite alarming. It is now more urgent that the school environment be kept safe. Currently, ‘Temperature Readings’ of all individuals entering the school are taken with the express purpose of allowing only healthy individuals in.
In view of the announcement made by the Mayor of Solo with reference number 443.26/581 Tahun 2020 there is directive that all schools be temporary shut for the next two weeks starting from 16 March 2020.
This is in keeping with social distancing as part of the fight against COVID-19. The following will be our action.
1. SPA will therefore shut down as recommended by the mayor.
2. The Progress Report Cards will be distributed online on Friday, 20 March 2020 in lieu of cancelled PTM.
3. The teachers will try their best to ensure the continuation of lessons through distance learning if the closure of school be extended beyond two weeks. More information will be sent to you in due course.
4. The National Exam Try Out for Year 6 will proceed as scheduled (Monday 16 to Friday 20 March 2020). The school will be opened to then and teachers will be around to conduct this Try Out. Prior to the exams, the class will be sanitized and individual hygiene procedure will be enforced by invigilators.
5. The sanitisation exercise will be done once in three days for the whole school.
6. All parents, students and staff members who are leaving Solo for holiday or other purpose will be required to fill the ‘Travel Declaration Form’ (Please see the attachment). Those returning from overseas will have their temperature taken by the school nurse in the morning and once again in the afternoon for two weeks upon return. The school on its part will keep records of staff members that have gone overseas and ensure that protocols are observed.
7. Please note that the Indonesian Immigration Department is currently quarantining travellers returning from high risk countries, including China, South Korea, Iran, and Italy. Travellers to check the website before traveling for updates (www.convid19.kemkes.go.id)
8. When school reopens next term, please be informed that, in keeping with the practice of social distancing as a means to combat COVID 19, all CCAs, field trips, contests in the district, and the likes will be suspended until further notice.
Saturday, 14 March, 2020